Home is the place, where you feel relaxed, after completing your everyday job schedule. Many people dream to owning a cosy home and they spend their whole life's money to get the home of their dreams. When you buy a house, you have to think of many things such as the location, cost and size of the house. But, sometimes the house that looks beautiful and good from outside is not lucky for the owners and after shifting to such a house, you can feel many problems are coming into the your life.
Feng Shui is important not only for individual houses, but it is also good for the flats build in the apartments. It has been found that people living in the apartment live in flats, which are designed on the same pattern on each floor and if the flats have Feng Shui defects, the residents have similar life problems.
If you are planning to buy a house, you can check the following things to make sure, that it is designed properly as per Feng Shui's guidelines.
1. The street of the house having T-junction, dead end road or Y- junction is not considered good.
2. It should not face a train track or knife like structure, because it causes misfortune and health problems.
3. Flats constructed above the car parking area are not good as it weakens the foundation of the residents.
4. The house facing a car parking is not good because it causes concentration problems due to the reflection of lights coming from the car parking zone.
5. Land should not rise at the rear.
6. It should not have a pole in the front that blocks energies from entering the house.
7. Feng Shui also advices to see if the neighbours' house is smaller or big and pointed angles of neighbour should not angle towards your house.
8. Check if the house is close to temple, church, funeral, hospital, police station or it is an abandoned building.
9. The position of water element is important in Feng Shui. Ocean or water close to a house or on the back or to the front, defines different flow of "chi" into the house. Water close to it should be sweet and healthy.
10. The front door should not line up with the back door of the house. The house should not be split or have a centre hall colonial or bi level structure.
11. The toilet, bathroom or kitchen should not be visible from the entrance.
12. Hallways houses that divide the house in two is not good and the houses having areas - one in the dark zone and other in light zone, is not good. The house should have proper ventilation and light throughout.
13. Bedroom over a garage or bathroom or laundry is not good.
14. The smell / odour of the house should not be bad.
15. It should not have exposed beam or ceiling too high.