In Feng Shui, kitchen is very important to live a prosperous life. Kitchen should be designed properly and chi should be allowed to move through the kitchen to other rooms of the house. As per Feng Shui, the person who eats good food and is healthy can be successful in every aspect of his life.
1. The cook should not stand having his back to the door of the kitchen. The person who is cooking should be able to see the whole kitchen and should be aware of people, who are entering the kitchen. The cook should never be surprised because it results in distractions, which can causes mistakes in kitchens, which can be extremely dangerous such as leaving the stove unattended or dropping things or cutting with knives erratically.
2. The stove should not be kept on the line of the main door and the stove should not face the toilet.
3. Knife and sharp edged objects should not be kept in open. These items should be kept in drawer.
4. Kitchen should be well lit, clean and ventilated.
5. The stove should not be kept in a corner. A stove kept in the corner of a house is considered unlucky as it prevents movement of energy around the stove. The energy should not be blocked and cook should have free movement in the kitchen.
6. Placing mirror behind the stove enhances positive energy flows in the kitchen. Mirrors are used to make the place look spacious and it increases the number of burners in the kitchen, which symbolizes more wealth to have more food.
7. Water place and Fire pace of the kitchen, should be separated. Water and Fire are completely opposite elements and in Feng Shui; it is advised that both the elements should be kept at a distance the kitchen. The refrigerator, sink and the stove should be placed at six to eight feet distance and the three items can form a triangle in the kitchen. Mixing of fireplace and water symbolizes disharmony at home, and it is unlucky. Two different elements can also be separated using a plant as a barrier.
8. Stove shouldn't be kept in the front of the window. Although window is considered good for entry of Chi into the kitchen, but the stove should not be kept in the front of the window, because it can cause distractions leading to accidents in kitchen.
9. Microwave is not considered well in Feng Shui, because it is based on the radiations of microwaves that are unnatural radiations. But, if you have a microwave, you should be careful to not to keep it above the stove.
10. Kitchen should have white colour on the walls. Red and dark colours should not be used in kitchen. White is considered to be a pure colour and kitchen walls can be painted in white, but if you wish to lose weight, you can have walls painted in blue as blue is the colour that helps in reducing appetite and blood pressure.