To understand the Feng Shui of a bedroom, you will have to draw the shape of your bedroom on a paper and divide it in nine equal parts. The door, through which you enter the bedroom, is the area of knowledge. The centre portion of the bedroom is the career zone of your house. The right hand square is called the zone of people and travelling.
The nine sections of the bedroom can be defined in the pattern given below:
Wealth | Reputation | Romance
Family | Health | Children
Knowledge | Career | Travel
1. The colours used in the bedroom should enhance the energy of the room.
2. The painting or decoration of the bed room should be soothing and Feng Shui permits the use of vibrant colours in bedroom such as orange or red because it encourages intensity.
3. The bedroom should be decorated with fresh items and perfume can be used to enhance the freshness of the room.
4. If you keep nightstands close to the bed, it should be placed on both sides of the bedroom.
1. Fire direction is South, which gives recognition and fire, can also be present in the Northeast and Southwest. The colours of fire are red, orange, yellow and purple. Pink is colour of love.
2. Earth colours create stability and it protects your relationship. Some of the common earth colours are light yellow and beige.
3. Metal colours give sharpness and it includes grey and white.
4. Water brings freshness but it is not advised to keep the photographs of water in bedroom.
5. Wood colour is brown and it is considered good for health.
1. The bed should be made from strong wood and it should be stable. The bed should be covered with a good mattress, which gives you complete rest. The height of the bed should be appropriate and nothing should be kept below the bed. The bed which has inbuilt drawers or cabinets, is not considered good in Feng Shui.
2. The bed should not be positioned on the line with the entrance door, but the bed should be positioned in a way to allow the person sitting on the bed to see the door.
3. Mirrors should not be used in bedroom and the mirrors should not reflect your image.
4. The bedroom should not have beams and low hanging items such as chimes or fans. It should not have anything which hangs above your head.
5. Sharp angles should not be present in the bedroom. Sharp angles cause reduction in positive energies.
6. The bed should not be kept under a sloping ceiling and the ceiling should not be very high.
7. Bed should be accessed from both the sides. Only one side access can limit flow of energy.
8. The bed should have a strong supporting wall and it should be placed away from electrical appliances.