Infor ERP comprises of a set of many products such as Infor SL, Infor LN/ BAAN, Infor Visual, Infor Adage and Infor SX. Infor has provided enterprise resource planning solutions to many manufacturers across the world and it claims to help its client to accelerate their business processes to increase forecasting speed and get accuracy in reports through automatic functions. Infor SL can be used for multi-location offices and Infor ERP visual is aimed to attract mid size companies. The maximum share of enterprise resource planning market is held by Oracle and SAP but Infor is growing its base in every sector and it is challenging the business of Oracle and SAP through its adaptability and attractive features.
1. It offers core automation for manufacturing units such as material requirement planning, manufacturing execution, advanced planning and scheduling, customer relationship management, quality control, and testing and warehouse management.
2. It integrates with Microsoft's tools easily to allow appropriate compatibility.
3. The UI is attractive, which comes with full graphics and point to click features are also present.
4. It provides project based ERP solution. Clients find it easy to have customization in their enterprise resource planning modules.
5. Infor SX provides features of distribution and end-to-end operations.
6. It restores Baan's features and has improved functioning.
7. For complex operations, it is best option.
8. Customer support and cost of implementation is cheap as compared to the prices quoted by major ERP software giants.
9. It comes with additional support for business processes in production companies.
10. It is easy to implement and work.
1. Technically and security wise it is not strong like Oracle and its strengths mainly depend on its compatibility with other platforms.
2. Many claims it is working because of low total cost of operation and it specializes only in limited areas of ERPs.
Infor LN/BAAN appears as an improved version which has better functionality and usability. There are many customers of SAP who shifted to Infor because of the flexibility and versatility offered by Infor software. Many buyers are of the view that SAP is unable to meet their changing demands after certain level of implementations but the modules of Infor can be integrated to any other software and compatibly of software working on Infor on different databases is very good.
Infor is increasing its customer base every year and the main reason for its popularity is its client support features. It is designed with an aim to work as per the requirement of the client. The global feature of Infor makes it ahead of other ERPs such has Oracle and SAP. Infor also claims to be accurate in its report delivery and its time of implementation is also less than other ERPs such as SAP or Oracle. It has been working to improve the business transactions of a company and increase in the overall productivity of the company through its fast IT implementation processes.