On the training is an act of increasing particular knowledge and skills of an employee. It is essential and plays a vital role to fill areas of gap in knowledge and skill. This helps in maintaining the positive attitude and improves performance and productivity of employees. Employees will have detail knowledge about their jobs and responsibilities.
On the job training takes place in a normal working situation, using the actual tools, methods, equipment, documents and materials that trainees or employees will use when fully trained. It has a general reputation as most effective for vocational work as well as any new opportunity.
With the help of proper on the job training session organization can achieve zero defect culture. It should focus on organizational goal and quality objective.
On the job training plan should include and focus on the subject to be covered, number of hours, estimated completion date and methods and tools by which the training will be evaluated. It has specific goals of improving one's capability, capacity, positive attitude and performance.
Some organization prefer off the job training because it allows people to get away from work and concentrate more thoroughly on the training itself. But there are some limitations in off the job training like tools, equipment etc.
* Trainee should take interest in all areas rather than specific parts only.
* Listen carefully all instruction of trainer and ask more questions for better understanding. More questions will clear the objective of training.
* Try to understand the reason for training and expectation from you.
* Trainees should understand their role for organization and try to full fill all the expectation. This is only possible if trainees are seriously concerned about their training sessions.
* It will increase the knowledge of employees and generate the positive attitude.