Sage MAS 90 can operate on Windows operating system such as Windows 2000 and Windows 2003, which makes it one of the ERP software that can be used easily by all the Windows users and it also provides support for Novell. The company is known to provide high support in business management and it comes with additional e-commerce features. Sage is also one of the EPR solutions which can be implemented at a low cost as compared to the major ERP players. There are many versions of Sage such as Sage MAS 90, MAS 200, MAS 200 SQL and MAS 90 SMALL BUSINESS.
Sage MAS 90: It is designed to be standalone ERP software, but the product supports just few concurrent users and more than fifteen concurrent users may cause overload.
Sage MAS 200: It is based on client server technology and it is featured to work on Windows servers such as NT, 2000 and 2003. This version supports multiple user feature and the files of the software are mostly loaded to the server. Setting up the system is simple and the software is easy to use.
Sage MAS 200 SQL: For SQL database a separate Sage ERP is designed, where the organization can have SQL as database but it is found that the version MAS 200 based on client server technology works faster as compared to MAS 200 SQL. The latest version of MAS 200 SQL can be installed easily and implementation is also fast.
Sage MAS 90 SMALL BUSINESS: For very small businesses MAS 90 is appropriate software. The features of Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 90 Small Business are almost same but the version has been introduced by Sage for companies, where only one or two concurrent users can work.
More about SAGE: Sage is built on a Windows Business Basic programming language called Providex. The earlier version of Sage faced the problems of overloads but the latest versions of the ERP software have multi user functions and client server version of it is specifically designed for heavy data.
1. It is simple ERP software, but its performance is high. The user interface is uncomplicated and the software is featured to provide solutions to organization of various sizes and also for decentralized offices.
2. Integration to different other software platform is easy in Sage.
3. The configuration of Sage ERP can be done fast.
4. The software adapts easily to the business processes of different companies.
5. The software is lightweight and easy to personalize and administer.
1. It has a high cost of ownership.
2. Maintenance of Sage software is expensive.
3. This ERP is not recommended for distributed architecture.
4. Various modules of Sage are loosely integrated and even the interfaces of various modules are quite dissimilar.
5. The implementation may take a lot of time and resource.