SAP Business One ERP provides all the basic modules such as financials, manufacturing, distribution, customer relation management, human resource and work flow. SAP Business One can be integrated to other SAP versions and it is easy to upgrade the software. Basically, the software is designed differently as compared to other SAP ERPs and it was especially launched to satisfy the needs of SMBs.
SAP Business One ERP can be loaded on Microsoft Windows Operating System and it can be connected to Microsoft SQL Server data base or IBM DB2. The software provides software development kit, which makes it easy to integrate to other systems.
1. Customer Relationship Management: The customer relationship management provides contract management, dispatching, knowledge management, warranty service, billing and dispatching. CRM is not an additional module in the software but it is completely integrated to the system. For automation feature in marketing, the software requires Microsoft Outlook. The reports are designed using third party software called Vision.
2. Financial Accounting: It provides project based and cost centre based services, and the code can be attached to either accounts or to the transactions. The financials allows unlimited budget allocations and reports are very flexible.
3. Reports: The reports of SAP Business One are designed using third party software called Vision and reports can also be generated in crystal reports.
4. Distribution: In the distribution module, the software provides feature of multiple price list, group pricing, flexible pricing, quotes, multiple warehouses, land cost, cross referencing of vendor and customer items. The summary of multiple shipments can be generated in one report and in one invoice.
5. UI: The user interface of software is very easy to use and features such as drag and relate has been added for easy use.
6. Customization: For customization, the software provides provisions for adding more fields and tables.
7. Work Flow: The job can be transferred to the appropriate authority for sanctioning or further notifying through work flow.
8. Purchasing: The module manages the contracts to vendors, purchase order, stock quantities, returns, payments and calculation of price of imported items.
9. Dashboard and Reports: It is provided for every aspect of business such as customer, sales, cash flow, warehouse stock, bookkeeping etc.
10. Cost and Installation: SAP launched Business One at competitive price to attract middle level businesses and the company claimed the software can be installed in 25 days.
1. SAP Business One is not a web enabled system but it provides remote access through Citrix.
2. The initial version of SAP Business One doesn’t provide intercompany transactions.
3. It is not featured to provide time period view of stock in warehouse. The features such as bar code scanning, optimized picking and radio frequency updating can be done only through Radio Beacon or other third party software.
4. Manufacturing module of SAP Business One is called light manufacturing because the features are restricted to material, assembly and work orders, and the system has to be integrated to N'ware to get improved marketing module.
5. The cost of software is as per the market standards but the total cost of ownership can be high.